Online Pilates Classes
Lauren has taken her classes online via her Cardiac Lauren website.
For just £20 a month …
- You get one new Pilates classes every week
- Have access to a library of different Pilates class styles
- You can complete them on any day or any time you wish as they are available to you 24/7
To subscribe click here – SUBSCRIBE
Like and follow the Pilates Lauren Facebook page – Pilates Lauren
To join Pilates Lauren you must have completed a beginners Pilates course first.
Pilates with Avenue Health are group exercise classes that are suitable for healthy adults.
The classes are run by Lauren Walker, our Exercise Specialist with Avenue Health, and are held in Surbiton and Chessington, Surrey.
What is Pilates?
It is a method of exercise that focuses on the body as a whole and aims to get it moving as it was designed to. It applies the fundamental Pilates technique and exercises and uses them to help correct any imbalances we have in our body. The movements are all slow and controlled and even though you may not be jumping around, you will certainly feel like you have done an exercise class.
The aim of Pilates is to identify basic postural imbalances and through Pilates based exercises we can:
• Increase muscular balance and strength
• Improve posture
• Improve core (stomach) and back strength
• Allow the body to function at its optimal level
Using the Pilates technique
The Pilates technique focuses on strengthening the stomach muscles by re-teaching the mind and body to recruit the core muscles and use them to stabilise the body. Basic Pilates involves finding and maintaining the neutral position during standing, all fours, seated, prone and supine positions. It teaches you to recruit the correct muscles for the exercise or task whilst being able to breathe, relax and concentrate at the same time.
You will be taught how to:
• Locate and contract the Transversus Abdominis and Pelvic Floor – essential for good technique and reducing the risk of injury
• Maintain the stabilisation of the core muscles whilst breathing, relaxing and being challenged by moving any of the limbs
• Increase flexibility and strength of the spine and muscles in the body
Are Pilates classes relevant to me?
Pilates with Avenue Health are class based exercise sessions designed to enhance the posture, strength, balance and stability of healthy adults. It is based upon the teachings of Joseph Pilates and effective exercise prescription. It takes the original 34 exercises and adapts them for the ability of the class members.
It is not remedial, clinical or diagnostic in its approach but has its base firmly in group fitness.
Classes are currently closed due to COVID-19
|Monday|| Surbiton Hill Methodist Church Hall |
39 Ewell Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 6AF
|Thursday|| Chessington Methodist Church |
Church Lane, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 2DJ
Please call 020 8395 1177 or email email@example.com before turning up to a class. These classes are not suitable for beginners.